The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL RITS ALL THE TIME

+2
Kenji Ra
Jewririn
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 am

Jewririn

Jewririn

First topic message reminder :

Today, I tried out the two-rit UW farm build for the first time with Tabs. It was the easiest thing I've ever done, and quite frankly, it was hilarious. I mean really... 9 spirits out at a time, supporting each other's attacks? Ridiculous. And yet so, so beautiful...

So an idea occurred to Tabs: WHAT IF WE HAD EIGHT RITUALISTS ALL DOIN' THEY SPIRIT THANG AT ONCE? (Tabs: There is no way in hell that I spoke like that.)

My immediate thought was: "Holy shmit 40 spirits plus 3 random skills on each rit = YES YES YES YES YES." However, I then remembered the harsh reality that you cannot have more than one of a certain kind of spirit out at the same time on a team (for example, if I were to use Pain, and then Tabs were to use Pain, my Spirit of Pain would die in order for hers to be spawned.)

So, this unfortunately sets a definite limit on our numbers equal to the number of different spirits you can spawn, which happens to be 25 if you include a spirit of fury spawned by using the Gaze of Fury spell. 26 if you include the Sunspear skill Vampirism. And that's just ritualist spirits. We'd probably want to throw in some ranger spirits as well, like Edge of Extinction, Laceration, and Brambles. Winds, the Ebon Vanguard skill, would probably also be helpful. The goal of this team is not simply to have all the spirits out on the field, however. It is also to make good use of their synergy to whoop some serious ass.

There are many possibilities for this team. Many possible roles and strategies. I'll list several here:

A basic structure would be:

5 offensive/utility ritualists
1 communing defensive support ritualist (notable spirits: Displacement, Soothing, Union, Restoration, and Shelter, though Restoration and Soothing might go on some of the offensive rits so that the defensive communer has more options in terms of other skills
2 restoration magic ritualists
Note that there is no tank; the massive amount of spirits would allow the ritualists to stay in the back and let the spirits tank while buffing their defenses with Armor of Unfeeling and possibly healing them with things like Summon Spirits and Spirit Boon Strike if need be.

Another possible setup:
1 tank (most likely using things like VWK and Weapon of Shadow to stay alive)
4 offensive/utility rits
2 restoration rits
1 defensive communer

or:
3-4 full offensive rits
1-2 utility rit with things like empowerment, earthbound, and brambles
2 restoration rits
1 defensive communer

Examples of offensive/utility ritualists that would use a decent amount of spirits:

SoS Painful Bond spikers
SoGM communers
Ritlord Communers

Examples of uses of secondary professions in tandem with spirits:
Explosive Growth Minion Bombers
Splinter Barrage rangers
Mark of Pain/Splinter weapon/Warmonger's Weapon utility ritualists
Earthbound/Brambles/Laceration with various elementalist knockdown spells

There are plenty of possibilities. Tabs and I are planning to put together some builds and team setups, and then we want you, the alliance members to test them out with us. I'm thinking we'll try them out in normal areas first, and then we'll see how we do with them in places like FoW, UW, and DoA.

In short:
WE NEED IDEAS AND VOLUNTEERS. Post your ideas/suggestions for builds and team setups and/or willingness to volunteer for the testing here, or whisper me or Tabs in game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sooo basically, with Joo's undivided attention and through my unfortunate afking we managed to come up with 7 builds for now.
If need to rethink it a bit in the future we may bring a tank along instead.
I'll be working on a quick guide for FoW for those who have never been. I am quite unfamiliar with it - we designed the build looking at the enemy list, not so much by knowing FoW inside out. So yeah, no worries if you're new, you just need a bit of XP running a rit build.
Time: 7 PM CST, 8 PM EST, 1 AM GMT. Assuming EST is 5 hours behind GMT at this moment in time.

- Tabs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. So. Tabs and I have been talking and making builds. We decided that we're going to do FoW, not UW, because Dhuum is ridiculous and we're sticking to only rit skills (other than the very basic monk skill remove hex because rits have no hex removal).

What we've come up with is a 7-person team (7 instead of 8, because we ran out of spirits xD). Here are the builds (elites are in caps for easy reference):

OFFENSIVE:

SoS Channeler
12+3+1 Channeling, 12+1 Spawning Power
SIGNET OF SPIRITS
Destruction
Agony
Bloodsong
Painful Bond
Gaze of Fury
Summon Spirits
Spirit Boon Strike

[Template: OACkIygQIQy01EmT5UnoxW1kyENI]

Wanderlust Communer
12+3+1 Communing, 9+1 Restoration Magic, 9+1 Spawning Power
WANDERLUST
Earthbind
Summon Spirits
Armor of Unfeeling
Spiritleech Aura
Soothing
Boon of Creation
Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OACkICgcYSmkz05E5k8E00mIN4FD]

SoGM Painful Bond Communer
12+3+1 Communing, 10+1 Channeling, 8+1 Spawning Power, 2+1 Restoration Magic
SIGNET OF GHOSTLY MIGHT
Pain
Disenchantment
Vampirism
Summon Spirits
Armor of Unfeeling
Painful Bond
Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OACkIqgcIQikz230mjPI0U1EN4FD]

RitLord Communer
12+3+1 Communing, 12+1 Spawning Power, 3+1 Restoration Magic
RITUAL LORD
Boon of Creation
Anguish
Dissonance
Shadowsong
Armor of Unfeeling
Binding Chains
Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OACkICgc4QyjzMYGtzcnNoJ18iB]

DEFENSIVE: Amaya Arisu
Soul Twisting Defensive Communer: Amaya Arisu
12+3+1 Communing, 12+1 Spawning Power, 3+1 Restoration Magic
SOUL TWISTING
Union
Shelter
Displacement
Remove Hex
Armor of Unfeeling
Summon Spirits
Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OAOnICgc4QyNgD8AE20jj1T4ULB0EN4FD]

Xinrae Restorer
12+3+1 Restoration Magic, 12+1 Spawning Power
XINRAE'S WEAPON
Recuperation
Life
Spirit Light
Remove Hex
Mend Body and Soul
Resilient Weapon
Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OAOnICgQITyNgD8Aj1u6NOnctEp5E7iB]

Spirit Light Weapon Restorer
12+3+1 Restoration Magic, 12+1 Spawning Power
SPIRIT LIGHT WEAPON
Resilient Weapon
Recovery
Rejuvenation
Spirit Light
Summon Spirits
Weapon of Warding
Lively Was Naomei/Flesh of My Flesh

[Template: OACkICgQITyU60ED1Gn4kDNYGzFD]

https://www.facebook.com/Jewririn

26ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:50 am

Jewririn

Jewririn

Well crap, we appear to be short on people.

Xilas Exmortis suggested that we do the run (or a repeat run, if we can get enough people for tonight as well) 12 hours later so that the Europeans can come. I think it's a good idea... it would mean I'd have to wake up at 8 am, but I can do that no problem.

Then Sagittario can come, and hopefully Areze as well Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/Jewririn

27ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:34 pm

lol!
No problem to stay up to 2 AM, but big problem to wake up at 8 AM?
What a strange lifestyle you americans live.

I'll try to come.

28ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Arazez

Arazez
Retired

me too, SoGM i call it.

29ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 am

Areze Valentrina

Areze Valentrina
Retired

Ok sweet, I just came back from the safe-guard mission -.- and I believe I will defenitely be able to make it for a 12 hour postponement thingy. IE 2 PM for me. No prob, should be 1 PM or 3 PM for you Sagi.

30ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:59 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

*grins* Thanks to all who came.

Good luck if you guys are doing it two hours later.

I think Juju made a couple of changes to the builds, will have to post them here. =P

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

31ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:02 am

Seems those builds will be a little surprise.

Areze: It should be 1PM here, when FoW begins. (GMT+1)

32ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:05 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Sagi, you should add it in Status =)

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

33ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:13 am

You mean my timezone?

34ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:16 am

Sylana

Sylana

I'd really like to come, but I have to leave at 16:00 GTM+1.
How long is FoW?

35ALL RITS ALL THE TIME - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL RITS ALL THE TIME Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:23 am

I was there for the nd run, but only me, Areze and Sylana were online.
Are you planing it next week instead?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum