The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cakes and Ale

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Cakes and Ale Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 am

Struckd

Struckd

First topic message reminder :

Here is a true story someone found regarding exams at Cambridge University. It seems that during an examination one day a bright young student popped up and asked the proctor to bring him Cakes and Ale. The following dialog ensued:

Proctor: I beg your pardon?

Student: Sir, I request that you bring me Cakes and Ale.

Proctor: Sorry, no.

Student: Sir, I really must insist. I request and require that you bring me Cakes and Ale.

At this point, the student produced a copy of the four hundred year old Laws of Cambridge, written in Latin and still nominally in effect, and pointed to the section which read (rough translation from the Latin):

"Gentlemen sitting examinations may request and require Cakes and Ale".

Pepsi and hamburgers were judged the modern equivalent, and the student sat there, writing his examination and happily slurping away.

Three weeks later the student was fined five pounds for not wearing a sword to the examination.

26Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Re: Cakes and Ale Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Ian

Ian
Officer

yeah... but we had do give it back, or the young country, known as america, originally started by other countries(one of which happened to be England lol) would have cried Smile haha... as then they couldnt take over the world instead. we gave it up out of kindness. ahem... just kidding, I dont really care who took over the world when, or who is better - IMO everyone is equal. except genocidal maniacs such as hitler... they are just evil. and soccer - football, in England - is also something we never win at, and also something I am not bothered about Razz

27Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Re: Cakes and Ale Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Eldarion

Eldarion
Retired

I don't really care either I just want to make fun of the DubMaster.

28Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Re: Cakes and Ale Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

When you call him 'DubMaster', you just emanate his Brilliance and completely negate all of the mockery said prior to that comment. XD

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

29Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Re: Cakes and Ale Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:33 am

Eldarion

Eldarion
Retired

Well he is the DubMaster!

and he once said I was LEGENDARY.

30Cakes and Ale - Page 2 Empty Re: Cakes and Ale Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Too much How I Met Your Mother I think. =P