The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kestrelle says Hey

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kestrelle says Hey Empty Kestrelle says Hey Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Kestrelle

Kestrelle

Thoroughly burnt out from 5 years of progression raiding in World of Warcraft, and not enjoying the game's direction, I quit a couple of months ago, and installed a copy of GW: Factions.

As soon as I completed Factions, I bought the other campaigns. I particularly like the storylines, missions and the henchmen/heroes system - gives me so much freedom to do exactly what I want as fast or slow as I want.

I spend a lot of time tabbed out trying to translate "GW speak" into English or trying to work out precisely why my heroes pulled an entire continent, or why it took what seemed like hours to kill one mob, or why Dunkoro and Ogden hate healing me so much... (so I'm not meaning to be rude if I fail to type in guild chat, I'm probably AFK hunting for chocolate or tabbed out pushing google to the limit)

I'm from the UK, working mostly from home so I'm often tempted to run a quick mission while I'm meant to be working.

2Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Welcome to Phi forums Very Happy

Gratz on quiting WoW! Welcome to GW! Cool

About GW speak it's very difficult to learn and if you had to ask what is what every time you would do nothing else.
Whenever you find something you don't know, simply type /wiki (e.g. /wiki UW)
This will help a lot!

About H/H (Hero/Henchman) system, I love it as well, but many complain that ppl don't play together.
They are right at one point, but if you want to play with friends you still can!

About Hero AI, many has found some heroes lacking at something, so there must be something on this...

See you in game...

3Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I just added a few guides into our guide section including 'Common Guild Wars and internet terms', I hope it'll be useful.

4Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Kooh

Kooh
Officer

Welcome! Live in the UK as well Very Happy And if you do need help, just pop out in guild chat and if im on, i'll help you out Very Happy

5Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Kestrelle

Kestrelle

Very kind of you all! I'll definitely check out the guides, and use /wiki in game (atm I tend towards Wikia or discussion threads on GWGuru)

I'll continue to try to work out things for myself, but it's great to know there's help if I get totally stuck.

See you in game Smile

6Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:44 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Hey Kestrelle, nice to see you on the forum! ;D

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

7Kestrelle says Hey Empty Re: Kestrelle says Hey Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:17 am

Kestrelle wrote:atm I tend towards Wikia or discussion threads on GWGuru)

[Wiki]a horribly sucks!
Use Official wiki and unofficial wiki instead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum