The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am

Struckd

Struckd

Seeing how mumble is soo ‘difficult’ :p… Here's a guide… with screen shots too. Very Happy

Note: If you are using Windows 7 or XP, either use the normal client (then right-click on Mumble app > Properties > Compatibility and change settings) OR download the backwards compatible client which requires no additional configuration (for Win 7 at least).

1. Download

Download Mumble from the following link below:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/

2. Installation

Once downloaded into your specified folder, you can start installation.

Firstly, Accept License Agreement.

Secondly, It is quite important to just choose the Following Options:

• Mumble (Client)

And thus should look like this:

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture14g

Thirdly, Choose your Installation folder and any shortcuts.

Then click Install.

3. Setup

It is best if you setup first then connect to the server.

When you start you will be greeted with a message, click yes to partake in the Audio Wizard

Choose your devices according to your microphone and your headphones.

You will then be met with several sliders in the order of the following below:

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture3wj

^ You want this option as low as possible

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture4had

^ This is slightly more annoying to understand. The basis of it, is when you whisper you want the bar to enter the green area, however you need it far enough away so that feedback and screeching in the headphones doesn’t occur.

(while you do this option, it does suggest to open your Sound Control Panel, however it isn’t fully required unless you want the very best I guess)

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture5g

^ Now it is getting slightly more important should you want to enable Push-To-Talk (as we needn't hear EVERYTHING that goes on in your house (*Tabs: ie a distant toilet flush o.O*) then choose your shortcut, when this happens this will disable the other options below which is brilliant as they are too, annoying to understand.

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture6o

^ It's now down to your preferences. If you want and= annoying woman reading out each and everyone of the posts that pop up in mumble chat, then allow it (personally I don't mind, nice to have a female chat from time to time ;p) *Tabs: MATT? ARE YOU CALLING ME A MAN?*

Other than that, choose your quality and what have you.

If you choose to or not partake in their survey is upto you, but what ever your choice, you're done!

4. Connecting to Server

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture12o

^ Click the Add New... Button and follow what you see in the Picture or Below:

• Servername: The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
  • Address: 195.90.99.195
  • Port: 60170
  • Username: *Best If It Is Your Real Name* (or like this example > Matt(Astryda) / Tabs(Amaya) / Zordan(Zordan); no spaces in your name! <

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture13s

^ You will then be met with this, in which you just enter the Password: Ask in AChat.

5. Additional Settings

You will find this from the tab Configure > Settings

Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Picture11gp

^ Tick the Advanced tick box to view the full settings. (You may have to resize the box to see the additional buttons at the bottom.)

Adjust whatever settings you wish however the important ones are:

Volume

• You will find this in the Audio Output tab
  • Adjust the Slider until you and your audience are happy with the result
  • For full result tick both boxes --> "while other users talk" and "while you talk"
  • If there is a problem with one person, most people have that problem. Mumble is more advanced than most clients, and uses automatic levelling. Better to fix the problem your end.

Overlay

• Note: You will need to start Mumble before GW.
  • You will find this in the Overlay tab (to put it basically see names of people in your channel in Guild Wars <-- This is pretty cool and useful)
  • Tick the boxes --> "Enable Overlay" and "Always Show Self"
  • From here you have to RESTART Guild Wars (if you already have it open) to see it. It will be visible in the right hand corner of your window.
  • From here you can also adjust the sizes of names, the colours of the names and where it is placed in-game.
  • If this isn't working go to the Plugins tab and tick the box "Link to Game and Transmit Position"

REMEMBER: Whenever you change a setting click APPLY then OK!

Time to skin Mumble and see other extras! Head over to the Advanced Guide.

Last edited by Tabs on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Additions, corrections, etc)

2Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 am

Struckd

Struckd

for the time being all the important stuff is there, ill add the skins stuff when i get how to use it Razz

if anyone encounters a problem, please let Tabs or me know, we will try to resolve it, if it is a commonly occuring problem, i will add it to this guide.

In addition if ther is anything i have missed out, please say Very Happy and i will add it in asap.

Thanks and Enjoy!

3Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Thanks Matt, this is brilliant, and very considerate of you! I need to add something about Windows 7, and seeing as I'm off sick I'll just add it in now XD

Also, going to edit a bit for spelling (sorry >.<) and to make it a bit shorter 'cause we're gonna have more crap to add XD

Okay, gonna split the stuff I added into Basic Guide and Advanced Guide.

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

4Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:34 am

Struckd

Struckd

no problem :d

my pleasure Very Happy

5Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:21 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Hehehe yeah, I need to split a bit more off from here...

Your Mumble looks so... OLD. Have you seen my screenshot? o.O

6Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Struckd

Struckd

its cause i have classic start menu, cause the vista one takes up a bit of RAM and shmit, and it works faster when the classic one is activated, so yea thats why it looks old:P

7Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Ohhhhhhh....... I get it now XD

Yeah, I prefer skinning it >_>

And I need more RAM. But I think I can manage till I get to Malaysia, and then I've got money to spennnd on an entirely new computer modded by meeeeeeeeeeee..... can't wait. <3

8Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 am

Could anyone repair the password? It's -----, not phi.
It was very confusing and after a few days an officer told it to me.

Last edited by Sagittario on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

9Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Thank you Sagittario, I fixed it. I would prefer people ask privately or in-game. Would keep it more secure, we already have ALL other info over here >.<

10Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:35 am

Oh, sorry, I've already deleted it.

11Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:42 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

What, Mumble? OH NOES!

12Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:09 am

No, the password from my last thread.
Could anyone repair the password? It's -----, not phi.
Would keep it more secure, we already have ALL other info over here >.<

13Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Oh okay =/

14Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty so maybe i deleted the channel... Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 am

AsHlEy

AsHlEy

ya my bad could someone message me the info pretty plz

15Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Empty Re: Basic Mumble Guide - Setup Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 am

Kooh

Kooh
Officer

Ok, so i got my new computer and everything installed and ready to go, except that i cant get mooodle to work T.T Have tried to install it a couple of times but i keep getting THIS error. Now i've tried the solutions provided on there but they dont work T.T So if anyone have any idea on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum