The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you love most about GW? And why? =D

+3
Eldarion
zorian
Tabs
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Haha. I could write soooo much. But basically I love

That there are story-lines (and poking fun at them),
Our guild and alliance (community = awesome),
Playing with them... (no, not recruiting)...
Meeting people diverse in just about everything (some people here are SO much less superficial than ones I know irl)...
Also taking more of a liking to PvP lately. =D
New things to learn all the time (as I am no veteran), so I'm never bored ^^ Mastering new professions always takes up a lot of time. And I mean mastering to the extent you knowingly reel off skills and discuss builds without looking at their names =D
As for the graphics... Eye candy ftw.

Rather a randomised list, but there you go.

Last edited by Tabs on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

zorian

zorian

I like the low level cap, so it's not a who-has-the-most-time-on-their-hands competition; but, rather, it allows a player to jump right into some awesome builds within a couple evenings of play (unless you're in Factions, in which case you can create a character and be at level 20 before you even need a bathroom break).

Eldarion

Eldarion
Retired

I like PVP. Competition is great. Whatever cheap build you abuse to kill players, they eventually find a way to counter it. Monsters just never seem to figure it out(unless the devs nerf stuff).

The graphics are top notch for an MMO and it still runs on almost any computer.

I like the low level cap allowing me to play many many characters at max level. I can heal one minute and then grab a different character and tank or nuke or curse.

I like that the elite areas and hard mode provides a decent challenge while NM allows you to just jump in and crush stuff anyway you feel like.

I like the Kurzick and Luxon stuff, but I kinda wish the guild system was more complex than that. Also I like the idea of territory war, but I wish it was determined more by head to head battle of some kind rather than farming faction in speed clears.

I like our alliance and playing with other people. I like helping people and getting helped.

Struckd

Struckd

everything i love is already listed by the looks of things

PvP i think is going to be the core of it all when i start unlockin a decent number of skills throughout GW

the fact that there isnt a PAYMENT to play Very Happy < Da Bestest

the 'alliace' of guilds this i really like, instead of just bonding with a group withing 100-150 people, you get to do that but x9 which is great

like people have said, this isnt a game that narrows down to who has the most free time/no life wat-so-ever. The gap between casual players and Hardcore players is very small bascially, unlike that of WoW

BALANCED! its a very balanced game amongst proffesions

DONT NEED TO PAY TO PLAY (i know ive said this jsut like to make it clear)

u can have the best armour, but it still gives the same stats as the cheapest armour at that level, which is great as then people who have insane time farming armour drops that just gives insane stats dont destory those with armour of less quality on the battle field

^building on the point above, it comes down more to skill between players, (however of course elite skills, mods, inscripts do play a part but not a MAJOR part)

there isnt a 'durability' on armour, as in it doesnt need to be repaired for insane amounts of money.

money is soo easily made and there really isnt anything to level apart from your character to be able to make loads of money.

and...o yea... the game is FREE

Eldarion

Eldarion
Retired

Wow no armor repairs I agree Matt. I forgot about how annoying armor repairs are in other games.

Also the elite skills and items for armor are all very easy to obtain on a PVP char which makes everything fair.

6What do you love most about GW? And why? =D Empty I <3 Nightfall Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 pm

zorian

zorian

I love how actively the producers are updating the game. Considering a majority of players are never going to give them money again until GW2 comes out, they still on a regular basis continue to buff and nerf.

I love that they still nerf skills. It keeps the game fresh, with the strength of any given build fluctuating, so we're constantly on our toes trying to find builds that work. I even love that they nerfed the effectiveness of farming with my 55 Necro.

I love Necros. Having a MM hero, they have my favorite energy upkeep of any caster. The only downside is when (A) you can't get the first few kills for the summons to keep your d(energy)/dt at 0 and (B) when there are no corpses, such as when fighting elementals in Dasha Vestibule in Nightfall.

I love Nightfall. I bought the Prophs/Factions bundle two summers ago, after spending months with Rob researching what game would be the best investment (in retrospect, I think we chose wisely). To be honest, it got very old very quickly. Prophecies bored me to death (also in retrospect, it was because I had no flipping clue what I was doing), and Factions got terrible reviews so I was already predisposed to hate it. However, Nightfall - with the introduction to heroes and a perfect balance of length, difficulty, plot, and skills - was just enough to push me over the threshold between quitting the game and giving it my soul.

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

... 'Giving it your soul'?....

Good lord... Gone and sold yourself off to the Devil there, dear Sean. Razz Passionately too, might I add XD

Addition: I love that this game is not full of as many big-headed pricks and annoying people as some other MMOs I have played. Or just randomly chat to online. And that there are a decent number of females and older players now, which is awesome community wise because it means GW has not been infiltrated by a number of lolling 12 year olds *cough* WoW *cough* that behave with the maturity level of a chipmunk.

Oh, and I like that there are multiple leaders in an alliance. Means that you have more people to play with (and a decent amount at that, with a theoretical threshold of 1000) but aren't all your responsibility when it comes to drama, and it's easier to co-organise events when you have other people on board. As for alliance events... It's so much more fun attatcking one another Very Happy

Oooone more thing. PvE characters can be taken to the PvP world. Separation between the two is a great idea... Sometimes I just don't want to be run after and looted, thanks.

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

Ian

Ian
Officer

GW is just epic. I see no need to add to this comment Razz

Dubbie

Dubbie
Retired

Then why did you qadd to this thread then !!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/tomgriffiths

Ian

Ian
Officer

I meant I see no need to add to what I said lol Razz... not the thread in general.

Eldarion

Eldarion
Retired

We have some really mature chipmunks in the U.S.

I love kicking people from the guild...not really...yea sorta I do

StudioGhibli

StudioGhibli

I like not having to pay for this gae every month like final fantasy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum