The Phi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 202 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance

+17
perry152
Zanthis
Areze Valentrina
andries
Sylana
Ian
Mickey
Alex
Kooh
Amantis
Mike
Tessa
BalortheWicked
curt f
zorian
DinisMagnifico
Tabs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

First topic message reminder :

Hey all. <3

After speaking to someone about SCing yesterday.. I wondered if it was a good idea to disband the alliance and for [Phi], and any other active guilds that want to join are free to come with. Other members may choose to stay with their guilds, dying or otherwise, or join us should we disband.

I have spoken to a few people already to see if maybe the idea would be received at all, and it has, so here it goes:

- The alliance is not as active as it used to be.
- To get it active we'd have to kick a bunch of guilds and invite some new ones, with reqs
- Even if we got decent guilds, then what? We can't host/teach DoASCs, other types of SCs, or even GvG/HA
- If we can at least learn how to SC properly, we can teach our own guildies and future allies.
- Experienced players are getting difficult to find. Many players have quit, gotten bored, finished HoMs, and are waiting for GW2.

~ If GW2 does not release soon early next year, I plan on looking into maybe setting the alliance up again by the end of the year/beginning of next. Assuming our members are proficient enough SC'ers by then. With the guilds that are active now if they wish to join us then - namely [DLRR]. If we hate the SC alliances, we can set up an alliance sooner. I would also like a fresh start to see who really still has their heart in playing, and participating as an active alliance member.

In my opinion, we should disband as an alliance, and then anyone who wants to stick together, can. But in order to set up a decent alliance again, as great as it used to be, we need to cater to what the active players nowadays tend to want - title-hunting, SCing, PvPing.

There are three options for expanding our horizons:
1. [Phi] Alliance disbands, [Phi] and any allied guilds join SC alliance.
2. [Phi] >members< join SC guilds as members, return to original guild when they want to. Alliance stays intact.
3. We ([Phi] members + allies who want to join) use our alternate guild to join SC alliance, we move back to original guild when we feel competent enough. Alliance stays intact.

Thing is - if half of us leave [Phi] in order to join a SC alliance, that's half the guild gone. May as well take the entire thing. >.< I personally go with option one, where we split, everyone heads their way, and we can rejoin if we so choose in the future.

I would like a reply from as many people as possible, please. Message me on Facebook, reply here, wherever. All opinions are welcome.

- Tabs <3

Edit: I would also like to mention that I will be checking out alliances with my alt account before I go ahead and ask for our guilds to join any. =)

Edit 2: I would like the names of the people who would leave their current guild to choose option two or three: To leave the alliance to SC and return at a later date. >IF< we cannot manage number One.

[Phi]
Amaya Arisu
Grekisk Eld
General Sappp

Last edited by Tabs on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://phiforum.phyforum.com

26Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 am

Mickey

Mickey

LOL I don't have a real life Sad Only in Tyria can I feel free Wink And seriously I am training my Ele to SC at a future date Smile

27Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 am

Ian

Ian
Officer

I dislike the idea of all the suggestions, but after logging into GW earlier I believe the one Tabs wants to do, while the most drastic, is also the most necessary. The alliance is dying (I would say its actually dead, given that for the first time ever I said hello and NOONE ANSWERED :O) Therefore I support Tab's decision.

Anyone else who thinks the alliance isnt dying is kidding themselves - its a shadow of what it once was.

28Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:53 am

Ian wrote:Anyone else who thinks the alliance isnt dying is kidding themselves - its a shadow of what it once was.
Not even that, really.

29Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 am

Tessa

Tessa
Guild Leader

we arent the only ones tho, there are alot of guilds and alliances dying or dead.

http://www.Amethyst--Dragon.Deviantart.com

30Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 am

Sylana

Sylana

I vote 1. I want play with people and do Speed clear.

31Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

Bahl Al The Watcher, GL of [ANF]:

well i kinda wanted to keep it off the board and yeah theres no problem at all in wanting to cash in for hom stuff and your guild/alliance you can run it however to want to. that being said i think your mistaken in that 1.scing and doa guilds are more active, thats a negative alot of them are suffering from the same ills as other guilds and alliances in gw even more so in some cases cause of the one track people that run them they just more active looking for others to join to fill slots. I know i was in one. 2. you have to be in a sc or doa alliance in order to do so, no alot of them even go outside their allys to fill Sc slots you just got to be able to run a build and know people who do. 3. I agree things have been in a rut lately but i think you jumped to the last resort b4 trying i dont know people organizing to work to the same goal. have more events (as much as i bash madeline thats one thing ill at least credit her for she always had us doing something ZM, the deep, urgoz, UW, karaoke night, making up jokes, and playing guys for chumps although i think you wana leave out the last part and the karaoke =)) or even posting HOM progress and who needs what on the board im willing to bet others prolly need the same thing or even posting what your doing or need. that doesnt require breaking up the alliance and joining some SC alliance.

Treashous Svensolo, [Phi] Members:

lol i am also not going to put this in the forum... For the next couple of hours at least since im still at work. I would really like to do some speedclears and i dont mind learning. I think if enough of us go out and learn some speedclears we should be able to teach the rest of the guild and alliance and not disband at all, however i know its easier said than done. Most people are playing selfishly at the moment in order to complete their hom and i am one of them but if there was a real effort among guildies to try and achieve these speedclear skills i would not mind to join at all. Im just affraid that if the guild disbands the people would eventually make new friends and not want to return to the original phi guild. That is my opinion anyway.

32Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

People seem to be torn between not disbanding the alliance and option 1. I say we try out one, then we can go for the other.

This is what I propose as a solution:

First we try to keep the alliance intact:
  • Set goals for existing guilds to reach within 2 weeks. I kicked 2 inactive ones to start with already.
  • If the reqs are not met, immediate kick.
  • Recruit other guilds in the meanwhile. And EVERYONE looks for guilds every so often - with very basic reqs (more later).
  • New guilds that join the alliance need to show progress within 1 week, or kick and replace.
  • >>> This will require a huge alliance effort. To look for guilds, and to participate in events.
  • If allies are pulling through, I see no reason to disband the alliance. Because that is the problem right now.

In the meantime:
  • Some of us will leave the alliance to learn DoASC.
  • We will teach guildies as we learn, or after we return.
  • Personally I plan on doing this as soon as possible. I don't count as having left, I have 2 accounts I run simultaneously and alliance will take preference.

If the alliance continues to remain dead:
... we can then go with my option one. I suggest trying to make it work for about a month, which will also allow me to get a decent feel for the alliances we could possibly move to should the alliance fail after this critical period.

Then, no one can say we didn't try. This is a fair warning, and a plan to make it work for those who want to stick together. If you guys, in ALL guilds, can raise the activity in guilds/alliance-wide, you are solving the problem, and it's not all on a few people's shoulders.

33Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:53 am

Mickey

Mickey

Sounds like a good plan Tabs Smile

34Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 am

Alex

Officer

That's a great idea, but we need to coordinate the officers leaving to speedclear guilds. Most guilds do DoAsc Mesway/Trenchway slightly differently, it isn't quite as cookie-cutter as glaiveway or frostway. If we join the same guild, we will learn it exactly the same way, and get some experience as a team.

35Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Ian

Ian
Officer

NOOOOO I am gonna have to be active again :'( very well. FOR THE ALLIANCE! *dramatic music*

36Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:57 am

We must sort who leaves to learn and who stays to keep order.

37Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

I can tell you right now:

I swapped accounts already. I'm still in the guild, [Phi] comes before anything.

Logan will leave soon, along with my account.

I am unsure about Alex, but I do need him to leave at some point because he will be one of the primary tankers, at least for the European timezones.

Next thing I would like to hear is what YOU guys believe are suitable reqs for remaining guilds to have.

Other things to add:

- Original KuRz GL is back on 21st September
- I spoke to an officer - Nitx, currently GL - from there about SC guilds, they would probably prefer for the alliance to be intact, he's been in a faction SC alliance and gladly moved from it and I am assuming the GL would probably hold a similar viewpoint. Must speak to them when they get back though.

So, what reqs, dear guildies/allies?

38Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

andries

andries

I would also be willing to go with you guys and learn SCs

39Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Areze Valentrina

Areze Valentrina
Retired

Well I joined this alliance a while back knowing that I should bring my side and contribute some alliance faction once and a while...and I did to some extent (not so much anymore). But I guess thats allways been a REQ for a guild or its members.

Since this thread is about SC's, here I go...

It seems we are only consentrating on DoASC's, or the ones that is taking the actions...there might be some ppl that arent as interested in DoAS but maybe FoW, UW, SoO (ftw) :p etc etc.

So maybe have a wide-spread SC thingy going on? idk, just an idea...or maybe you'd rather tackle one thing at a time?

40Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 pm

I'd prefer moving the whole alliance, but too many ppl complained about disband in private.
That's (probably) the reason, why we won't disband alli and send only a few ppl to learn DoASC and come back ASAP to spread gained experience.

41Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:30 am

2 requirements in my opinion:

1. We are looking for ppl to learn how to sc, so hire guilds that already have some of that knowledge so they can teach us.

2. Hire guilds that will be willing to do voice comms. I am aware that not everyone can, but if everyone just stays off voice comms, how will we ever be able to sc or do proper runs together?

42Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:54 am

Ian

Ian
Officer

if you want to do voice comms with a hired guild you will need to get Vent. thats all they use really, and even if you were to hire them I doubt they would want to get mumble just to teach us.

43Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 am

SC guilds are very choosy, it's impossible to get one to our alli. Really, I tried it.

44Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 am

Kooh

Kooh
Officer

to lazy to actually read all of that wall... but yah! will have internet soon now and hopefully people will still be in mumble so i dont have to go on a bloody whispering spree to figure out where everybody left off to! But yah, im in for whatever that can give cash, experience and a good laugh ^.^

45Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:34 am

Tabs

Tabs
Guild/Alli. Leader

http://phiforum.phyforum.com/t414-guilds-in-with-the-new-out-with-others-_#3001

You guys are free to continue discussing, but that is the latest post. ^

Please let me know what you believe would be suitable within a given timeframe - 1, 2 weeks? 1 week for certain guilds, 2 for others that a slightly more active?

Your call, opinions please?

Also, Alex, my dear KOOH, log into GW for like, a second. Please. =P

46Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:40 am

Zanthis

Zanthis

I am mildly sad that im only just a sideliner 0_o

47Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:11 am

perry152

perry152

i have been with [phi] for about over year now and it was very active and so was the alliance but now there's hardly anyone online or online and not talking and everyone is was that we need to sort out the alliance but i feel we need to sort out our guild to.
maybe get more active players that will talk when there are online and we need delete all the unactive people in our guild ([phi]) because it will make our guild more active and more chance of getting better guild to join our alliance i dont know if im the only one that thinks this and i think we need to get guild that are the same time zone as us what do you lot think?

48Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:29 am

Kooh

Kooh
Officer

Tabs what you mean by log in for a second? I've been on for hours both yesterday and today but you are nowhere to be seen D:

49Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:41 am

perry152 wrote:i think we need to get guild that are the same time zone as us what do you lot think?

I agree, we need EU, Afrrican guilds in alli.
(I don't think we will make Phi so cool as it was once, but let's give it a try. I'd go to one of active alliances if we fail to revive Phi in a month.)

50Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal - Disband/SCAlliance Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 am

perry152

perry152

i think we can make [phi] back to how its was but its gonna get time and alot of work to do it and i dont think that going to to an active alliance if phi fail to revive the last thing [phi] need's is people leaving because i think [phi] will need more than a month to get back how it was....... i'm willing to try anythink to get [phi] back to how its was but i cant because i anit a officer i was at one ponit and i think that the only reason why people are leaving its because there alot of unactive people is our guild and the alliance is not that active and i think we should lose al the unactive people and unactive guild in our alliance and get active guilds in the alliance (which are the same time zone as us so they are on at the same time as us) and then once we got that sorted then [phi] as a guild will get better i feel anyways but bet im the only one who thinks this and just for the record I WILL NOT LEAVE [PHI] NO MATTER WHAT and i'm willing to do anythink in my power to make it back how it was and we will get [phi] back how it was it will just take alot of work and time to get there but we will at one ponit we just need all our members to stay and i think that will be a big help to get [phi] back how it was..... and btw please say if you think im wrong in any of my posts and if so please tell me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum